A message from the Merrymount Outdoor Classroom Project committee:
We are excited to announce that the project has been put out to bid again. The announcement was in last week’s Quincy Sun.
We are asking anyone with connections to landscape construction companies to let them know about the project and to direct them to the bid info at the link below.
https://www.quincyma.gov/govt/depts/purchasing/current_bids.htm (Please scroll down and we are the first bid – Merrymount Outdoor Classroom.)
Thank you for any help and we have our fingers crossed that we will have construction underway soon! As always feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected].
Did you know every time you shop through Amazon, you can earn money for Merrymount? The PTO participates in the Amazon Associate program. When you use the links on this page to access Amazon, you generate a commission to Merrymount for all eligible items added to your cart. Think of this page as your new front door to Amazon! There is no difference to you as a shopper – you’ll see all the same products at all the same prices. And don’t worry, the PTO never receives information about your identity, so it’s completely private. Please remember to use our links EVERY time you shop at Amazon! It couldn’t be easier to support Merrymount
Here are a few rules and tips to ensure you earn while you shop:
- Click on the Amazon link on our website every time you shop.
- You must shop through their site, purchases made through the Amazon app do NOT qualify for commission.
- Items must be added to your cart during your shopping session. Merrymount will not earn commission on items that may already be in your cart from a previous session. So…if you already have items in your cart when you access the site, just remove and add back into the cart. Silly, we know, but it’s their rules and the extra step earns Merrymount $$.
- To be sure you don’t forget to use the MM Amazon link, consider bookmarking the page or adding it to your home screen.
About Amazon Associates (the fine print): Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.amazon.com. The Merrymount PTO uses the Amazon Associates program on www.merrymountschoolpto.com and our Facebook page. When you use one of our advertising links to shop at Amazon, the PTO receives a commission of 4-10% on eligible purchases. While all funds raised go directly to programs and supplies that support Merrymount students, teachers, and staff, our relationship with Amazon is strictly an advertising/commission relationship. Amazon does not directly support or endorse the Merrymount PTO. Merrymount does not currently qualify or participate in the giving program, Amazon Smile (which donates .5% of purchase).
We’ve got a lot of people to thank, so get ready:
- Thank you to everyone who attended last night’s PTO meeting for your ideas, feedback and support!
- Special thanks to the outgoing PTO Board for the time and effort they put into improving and enriching our school community this year: Presidents – Stephanie Gallegos, Alexis McLean, Vice-Presidents – Jen Andre, Julie Slinger, Treasurers – Jenn Curran, Dawn Flibotte, Secretaries – Laura Freedman, Melanie Sullivan and faculty members Ms. Pegg, Ms. Mitchell and Mr. Rogan
- Thank you to all the event chairpersons and coordinators that make all the events and activities possible: Teresa Altavesta, Marianne Anderson, Jen Dawe, Mike Dennehy, Jonna Dondero, Carla Griffin, Kristin Healy, Kate Lynch, Amie Stone, Jenni Torres
- Thank you to the many volunteers and supporters that worked together this year to enrich and build our school community and have fun!
TOGETHER,we raised over $34,000, which is all invested back into the children and the school. Check out the year end summary that was presented at last night’s PTO meeting that provides details on the sources of income, spending and what’s next.
Finally, we’d also like to extend our congratulations and appreciation to the parents who’ve volunteered to serve on next year’s Board or to lead PTO events/activities. There are still many open positions and needs. If you are interested, please sign-up at:
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f48acaf2da6fe3-ptoelections1 Open Board positions will be ‘elected’ in the fall.