Important Safety Notice
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures:
o Arrival--Stop, Drop, and Go! The parking lot will be closed to dropping off students in the morning. Parents are asked to drive up Agawam Rd. (one way) and drop their children off on the right hand side of the street at the sidewalk along Perkins Field and in front of the school. The students will enter the school through the side door immediately upon arrival. It will be open 7:30- 7:50 a.m. Tardy students will enter the front door and check in at the office. Please do not double park and drop your child in the middle of the street—this is extremely dangerous. Pull out into traffic carefully. Please exercise patience and courtesy!
o Dismissal--Live parking in the middle of the parking lot is not allowed. If you arrive at school early you may either park on the right hand side of the street or park on Squanto Rd. and walk through the mini-park. Do not park on the right side of Virginia Road so that the buses can make a right hand turn from Agawam Road. Extreme caution is advised when pulling out into traffic and driving at dismissal as there are many walking students and adults. Do not double park and call your child to the car—this is extremely dangerous. Once again—please exercise patience and courtesy!
*The Quincy Police Resource Officers will be working with us for the safety of our children. We thank you for your cooperation.
School Safety & Procedures
The children’s safety on their way to and from school is of the utmost importance to all of us. Many parents drive their children to and from school. As a result, we are greatly concerned about the flow of traffic during the opening of school (approximately 7:30-7:50 a.m.) and again at dismissal time (2:00 p.m.).
In an effort to ease the traffic flow and allow for the safe exit of children from cars, we ask you to please observe the “One Way During School Hours” at the junction of Agawam Road and Virginia Road and the “No Parking, School Bus Stop” signs in front of the school. When dropping off and picking up students, cars must enter Agawam Road from Narragansett Road and stop on the right hand side of the road only. FOR SAFETY REASONS, DO NOT BLOCK AGAWAM ROAD. Children should disembark on the school sidewalk side of the street which will allow them to easily and safely walk to the appropriate class lines.
To further insure safety, we ask you to kindly obey the following school policies:
1. For the safety of the children, please do not drive into the circular driveway at the beginning of the school day or at dismissal. Children will be walking through this area and daycare vans will be loading and unloading. Please park on the street.
2. Please do not drop off or pick up students in the school parking lot. The parking lot is for faculty and staff only.
3. It is absolutely imperative that we leave our school buses some clearance as they make
the turn onto Virginia Road. Please do not park on the corner of Agawam Road and Virginia Road.
4. Please consider dropping and picking up older children on Squanto Road. Students can
walk through the path in our mini-park and meet the crossing guard at the crosswalk. This would greatly reduce some of the parking problems.
5. Children crossing the street must cross in the crosswalk. Students at no time are allowed to leave the dismissal line until reaching the sidewalk/crosswalk. Please do not call out to your child across the parking lot, as this can be quite dangerous.
6. At arrival and dismissal times, we ask that cars not pull into traffic until all the children are safely across the street and the crossing guard has given the signal to proceed.
A diagram of these procedures can be found below. We apologize for the inconvenience these policies cause, but we ask for your cooperation in this matter so that our children are able to enter and exit the school in the safest manner possible. Thank you.