Merrymount School PTO Meeting Minutes
Merrymount Elementary School PTO Meeting Minutes
April 16, 2014
- Financial update: we have a positive balance and Trivia Night added to this by making $2200. We are in a good financial position to end the year.
- Scholastic bucks earned this year will be distributed after the BOGO event in May. A large portion of the $6000 in Scholastic bucks will go to Ms. Morales ($1500) so that she can re-do the media center and add more non-ficition selections. Book flicks will need about $2500 in Scholastic Bucks. The rest will be divided among the other teachers.
- The Scholastic BOGO event is scheduled for May 28th and 29th, volunteers are needed.
- The Mixed Bag fundraiser will run after the April vacation, May 12-21.
- Trivia Night was a huge success, we raised $2200 for the school and there was a great turnout, all who attended had fun.
- Cleaner Greener Quincy at Merrymount School is May 2 from 2-4PM at the school. Maura O’Gara will be in charge of this event. She is looking for someone to donate hosta plants (found during meeting), and the PTO will be supplying snacks for those who work the event.
- Mayor Koch is scheduled to speak at Merrymount school on May 29. Please let Suzanne O’Neill know your concerns ahead of time. Some things that were mentioned were concerns about the older bathrooms and when they would be renovated, window replacements are scheduled for this summer.
- Please let Paige or Kristin know if you would like to be an officer on the 2014-2015 PTO board.
- The decision on whether or not to purchase chairs for the school has been postponed.
- Book Swap is scheduled for June 18 and 19 at the school, Maren Heise will be in charge of this event. If you would like to drop off books prior to the swap, please bring them to Maren’s home. If you are able to help with sorting the books and arranging the tables for the swap, please let Maren know.
- Maren also created a slideshow presentation now available on the Merrymount PTO website that describes kindergarten to new kindergarten families. Topics such as drop off/lining up in the morning, going to the classroom, how the cafeteria works, and much more are discussed in this overview that many new parents will find helpful. Notices will go out at Kindergarten registration and screening to direct parents to this useful resource.